alternative energy sources, plenty of universities have introduced courses and degrees related to green technologies such as solar power, wind power, hydro power and so on. Some of the noted universities are:
- University of Delaware: The famous American university has established Centre for Energy and Environmental Policy which offers undergraduate and graduate education and research opportunities in areas of sustainable technologies and green energy.
- University of Central Florida: One of the largest universities in America, UCF has a research centre by the name of Florida Solar Energy Center that offers courses on renewable energy and building energy technology.
- University of New South Wales: A noted Australian university, UNSW, along with the Australian Research Council, has established School of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering, which is famous for its research and education. They offer undergraduate training in the area of Photovoltaics and Solar Energy, postgraduate studies, research training as well as online courses.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (GIT): One of America’s top research universities, GIT offers undergrad and postgrad studies in the area of Environmental Engineering (green engineering) under the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Solar Energy International: This non-profit educational institute offers workshops and short online-courses in renewable energy. Workshops typically last a day while courses last 1-2 months.
- Cleveland State Community College: Offers a two-year program that deals with alternative energy sources. One of the courses is designed specifically for people interested in building solar power systems for residences and buildings.
- Green Power Academy: This academy offers courses, trainings and conferences for professionals in the green energy industry. Their courses revolve around solar power, geothermal, wind energy, etc.
- Arizona Solar Centre: This is a non-profit organization and offers several courses on the application and concept of solar power.